Help fehler TW CATALYST SYS-B2 [P0430]

Es gibt 8 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 7.790 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von PoeK.

• My motormanagement last week two times lightning
    First time reset at garage and diagnostics say's TW CATALYST SYS-2B [P0430]. now after about 100 KM drive AGAIN!!!

I informed myself at the garage.
    1. they say it is not labda sonde but katalyst
    2. only there are two and they can not diagnostic which one it is

One is costing Euro 550 ex VAT ex montage
    The other is Euro 890 ex VAT ex montage

now my question:
    1 any advise is appreciated in avoiding/postponing above costs
    2 if I had to change 1 each at the time which oned probabely should be replaced; pr should I go and replace both?

Awaiting your advise

• Oh yeah replace both.

If u replace one and it was the right one,
    2 month later the other one make problems.

It will cost a lot... sry dude!

• I always was used to tank shell V-power.

Now this happende after refuel of BP 95 Oct
    And also it was wett conditions while driving.

I read in some article "check the O2 Sensor wiring":
    check your O2 sensor connections, I just had the same code about a month ago. Couldn't find a leak. Had a muffler shop check and they found nothing. Finally pulled both rear sensors, checked the wiring and low-and-behold... the crimp connectors for the O2 relocation had corroded. Re-wired both sensors, cleared code. No SES light since!

So my question.....:
    Is it sure I have to replace both katalysts?
    Or have sombody else had other experience since in technical manual it say's for root-cause:
    + Three way catalyst (Manifold)
    + Exhaust tube
    + Intake air leaks
    + Injectors
    + Injector leaks
    + Spark plug
    + Improper ignition timing

• Hello,

according to my experience, the lifetime of catalytic converters is rather long. The likelihood that your problem is due to a defective catalytic converter is, in my opinion, relatively small. As a new catalyst states a significant cost factor, I suggest to exclude other reasons first.

As far as I know, the A33 does not only have oxygen sensors in front of the catalyst, but also behind it. The "check engine" lamp will light up if the oxygen content behind the catalyst is out of specifications.
    This can either be caused by a defective oxygen sensor (or, as you mentioned, due to contact problems in the cabling), or by incomplete combustion.

What is the condition of your ignition coils? Coil failure is a well-known problem of the A33, and can result in incomplete combustion. Are there any indications for a coil that doesn´t properly work, e.g. unstable rpm when the engine runs at idle speed?

• The ignitioncoil problem I know
    Have replaced already 3 (now with grey dot)
    the tread on top en maximaforum was even initiated by me
    Might be that indeed one is failing.
    The only thing........ this should then be seen when diagnosting.
    All the other times I had this ignitioncoil failure.
    The diagnostic stated "misfire cylinder .."
    then it looks moor of failing "spark" due to other reason.

• hi,

in my opinion there is a possibility to check wich one of the sensors could be broken. but i have to look in the repairmanual. But this possibility doesnt mean that it will find the problem. because there are defects of the lambda that the self diagnostic wouldnt find

I also had problems with this yellow engine lamp in the past. the solution: drive with more rpm to "clean" the exhaust system. My car had stand 1 year at the dealer, that wasnt so good for the exhaust. after 500km the light turned off.

greetings

PS: dont waste your money with shell v-power, take the money for better wishblades :)

• in my repair manual stand this

possible reason for code 0430 (B2 means bank2 and this is the front row in driving direction with cyl. 2, 4, 6):

+ CAT
    + Exhaust
    + air intake loss
    + injection valve
    + leak at the injection valve
    + spark plug
    + non specified ignition timing

greetings

• All,
    I already replaced 3 ignition coils in the past, where diagnostic clearly stated misfires on cyl 2, 6 and 5. Since rootcause for the CAT-failure can also be "not an optimal combustion" due to ignitioncoil and/or sparkplug, I simply took the change to also replace the other three ignition-coils
    I already replaced the sparkplugs 30K Km ago.

Et Voila:
    CAT-failure disappeared (and also have now clearly higher top-speed: tried on the german A31, parrallel to our dutch border).

So think twice before touching/replacing your CAT's for Euro 550 + 850 ex VAT. The solution/rootcause is mostly less cost-expensive then your Garage does want you to believe.

I will keep you informed if CAT failure might come back in future

• sounds good,

so you had saved a lot of money. I heared if 1 ignition coil is broken, so change it all.
    Thanks for your report and experience.

Bye