Hyper White Lights

Es gibt 10 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 2.312 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von -dKoOo-.

• Hello all,

I own a US spec maxima with clear side markers and have a question about the side marker lights. Is it illegal to use white lights in my clear side markers here in Germany? I know in the US, you must have red reflectors in the rear side marker and amber reflectors on the front side markers. I've noticed in Germany these reflectors are not required. Thus I have put clear side markers with white lights on my maxima. Will I get pulled over for this?

Thanks for you help.

Cheers :Bier:

• Hy

You have some pictures on cardomain.
    The Maxima looks awesome, the rims are sick dude!
    Majestic blue is a great color!

I like the .org sticker on the window.

www.maxima.org ftw!

In a few months we plan a Maxima meet... hope ur there!

Cya 3 6 Maxima

• As long as your car does not have German number plates (US Army plate which look like German plates are not German number plates) you do not have to change the side markers.

But if you want to sell it in Germany or you want to have real German number plates you have to change side markers to amber (front, sides and back).

But I have never seen German police officers asking silly questions if you have US plates on your car.....even if they look like German plates

Gott gebe mir:
    die Gelassenheit, Dinge hinzunehmen, die ich nicht ändern kann,
    den Mut, Dinge zu ändern, die ich ändern kann
    und die Weisheit, das eine vom anderen zu unterscheiden

• Zitat

Original von Sumpfbulle
    As long as your car does not have German number plates (US Army plate which look like German plates are not German number plates)

Yes, I think that's the point. Your license plate is likely to look like this:

Usually, army plates start with HK, sometimes AD. I think a third possibility exists, but I'm not sure which one it was (AQ? AF? Something like this).
    With these numer plates, your vehicle does not have to fulfill German registration rules. Most probably, you have a Canadian or US model of the A33. So the best way is certainly to make your Maxima comply with US rules entirely (front: amber, rear: red).

If you ever tried to register the car in Germany, you would either have to make all side markers amber or simply remove them. However, I don't think that your car will ever be registered in Germany, as much more modifications would ne neccessary. For example, the headlights often have to be replaced, as they only have a DOT control stamp, but not the European "E" stamp. Moreover, you need to install an additional tail fog lamp ("Nebelschlussleuchte"). You also have to print the VIN on some chassis part (the VIN label behind the windshield is not sufficient), you may have to get an exceptional permission for the missing "Leuchtweitenregulierung" (I guess there is no English word for that, it's just some useless, but compulsary special feature in Germany), and so on...
    It is really difficult to register a US-specified vehicle in Germany.
    So my advice: Keep your HK-plate and make sure the car conforms to US rules.

• Hi!

Welcome in Germany! Nice to have some foreign Maxima drivers at here!
    Will hope to hear a lot from you!

take care,
    TIM

• Hi all,

I would say onemax03 mentioned about sidemarkers which are not the same like turning lights or turn signals>
    If I understood you correctly you mean those lights installed in your front bumper in bottom corners near foglights not those ones installed near frontlights> and they are not allowed in Europe at all (EU maximas have just a peace of black plastic instead)
    Whether I am true or false, U don't need to worry up, if you are an US citizen with US licence plate obeying the US rules und tech secs of cars for traffic allowance you'll be fine here.

• Zitat

Original von -dKoOo-
    and they are not allowed in Europe at all

Not too sure of that. I used to drive a german-spec (and EU-built) Volvo V40 station wagon (with German plates, of course), and it featured yellow side running lights, both front and back. These are "always on" and do not flash with the indicators. (While US cars usually have side lights that are "default on" and do flash with the indicators.)

Trucks, road trains and buses almost (?) always have many, many of these yellow side running lights.

"Leuchtweitenregulierung", btw, is "headlamp leveling".

• Zitat

Original von maribert

Zitat

Original von -dKoOo-
    and they are not allowed in Europe at all

Not too sure of that. I used to drive a german-spec (and EU-built) Volvo V40 station wagon (with German plates, of course), and it featured yellow side running lights, both front and back. These are "always on" and do not flash with the indicators. (While US cars usually have side lights that are "default on" and do flash with the indicators.)

sorry guys, my bad!

of course I have seen yellow/orange-'always on' side markers on an EU-Volvo as well. I nearby forgot that US Max has a completely different front. I meant those additional lights which can be seen on a cefiro on the front bumper near wheels-as far as I know they are not allowed in Europe.
    check the link below where the lights I mentioned are visible
    http://www.nissan.co.jp/ms95/c…/sales/cefiro/cefiro.html

• Thanks for your help. Actually I'm talking about the white side markers on the front and rear sidepanel. I have amber bulbs in the front and red in the rear. I was thinking of putting white bulbs in both instead. I guess they have to be amber here in germany. Your right the polizei don't really mess with US cars, but I was just curious on what the law was.

• :hi:uuuuuh! :hi: :hi:you have a dreamcar! don't forget me when you'll be sellin' that piece ;)
    thx for the pics on cardomain :perfekt:

yes, those front and rear should be in EU both amber.