Sammelthread zum Zündspulenproblem

Es gibt 112 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 20.476 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von ehidding.

• Zitat

Original von ehidding
    Well...........
    Today replaced my 3rd ignition coil (Cyl-5; mid on passenger-side)

Hmmm, it seems that these coils are now reaching the end of their statistical lifetime, so they die one after the other. The problem is that the engine has 6 coils - you have replaced 3 so far, so 3 ´risk coils´ are still in the vehicle.

Regarding the statements on the US forum:
    The VG30 in the Maxima J30 was actually the last Maxima engine with mechanical ignition distributor. Already in 1995, with the introduction of the A32, the direct ignition system was used. The surprising thing, however, is that hardly any ignition coil problems are reported by owners of early A32 (1995...1996...1997...). It seems that quality problems with these coils started around the year 1999...2000.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My Maxima was first registered in late 1997 and I do now have some 160k kilometers on the odometer. Thankfully the first owner collected all the service reports and therefore I can say, at least with a high probability, that my car has never ever had any issues with the ignition coils.

I´ll gladly take a look at them, if it is safe and easy to take them out of the engine ... :)

• Interessanterweise ist es nicht nur ein NISSAN Problem - auch Mercedes leidet beim M 400CDI unter diesem Leid. Fängt es erst Mal an, kommen die anderen auch. Da die M Klasse in Amerika verbaut wird, stellt sich mir zwanglos die Frage, ob dort ein Zulieferer nur mäßige Qualität liefert (wo werden eigentlich die von Nissan verbaut?).
    Austausch inklusive Einbau bei der Daimler Apotheke ca. 750 Euro. Relativer Trost für alle Maximaeigner: der M hat 8 Pötte.
    MaxJ30

und weil hier alles in englisch steht, probiere ich mich nach 26 Jahren auch Mal:

It is not only a problem of Nissan - Mercedes has this problem too. The M 400 CDI is suffering at the same problem. If one breaks, the others will follow probably. Because the M Class is built in America - I suppose that a supplier has no good quality perhaps (where does the coils of nissan come from?).
    If you chance the coils of the M Class you have to pay ca. 750 Euro.
    Reative cheering vor the A32/33 owners, that the M Class has eight cylinder.

MaxJ30

Life is a short trip - Don`t drive boring cars..!!!

• The replacement of ignitioncoils is actually simple
    What you need is decent "Ringdopf-schlussel" mit verlangertem Stehl
    think its "8mm" but you will see when opening the hood.
    A33:
    For front row remove the plastic protection cap (4 screws).
    Just disconnect the electrical connectors
    unscrew the fixing srew
    pull out the ignition coil by hand.
    Assemle new one in revers way
    For Backrow
    Same as for front row except:
    - carefull not to lose the screw while pulling out
    - for cylinder no 5 (most to right when looking from the front of car)
    you have to unscrew the bracket for holding two wire "trottle-adjust"
    just to make way for pulling out the ignition coil.

My problem with Nissan is they charge way to much for such "known issue"
    which "by law" actually is still a warrenty point (my opinion).
    and b.t.w. I only bought the coils, I mounted them myself.
    My first two coils last year about Euro 100
    This last one Euro 122 and....... believe it or not, they deared to ask 12,50
    for reading out the motormanagement, just to know which cylinder had failed.
    You can immagine I am completely fed up with this.

And the funny thing is (you can read it all over the internet).
    "Dealers dont know of this issue" and are going to advice several things,
    up to replacing O2 sensor etc...etc..., simply letting customers in the Dark!

I reccommend any of you starting such ignition failure issues.
    Buy yourself 6 new ones online in United States for the setprice of about Euro 270.
    And replace all of them.
    This will spare you all the agrivation I had in past half year failing
    one after the other coil between KM 50000 and 65000 (and probabely 3 to come near future).
    I also tried replacing 6 new Sparkplugs without luck.
    Believe me: it's your ignition coils.

I also bumped into US site where somebody was explaining changing the coils.
    Also on his photo the "famous" Grey Dot.
    For me a clear sign that Nissan is now selling revised coils in aftersail.
    Great bussiness I assume.................on the back of loyal Nissan customers.
    Nissan: Shame on you

Below some info I found on internet for buying these ignition coils.

V6-Cylinders, 3 cylinders per row:
    backrow (passenger side): Part no 22448-2Y000, Hanshin MCP 2840
    Frontrow (grill side) : Part no 22448-2Y005, Hanshin MCP 2850

Earlier I found out:
    http://www.autopartsworld.com/ignition-coil_products.html
    F3000-170893 "passenger side" $68.40 >> Euro 44
    F3000-170895 "grill side" $68.40 >> Euro 44
    Now additional research:
    http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=3963
    22448-2Y005 Front $ 72,17 >> Euro 47 (exact same nissan boxes as mine came through dealer)
    22448-2Y000 Rear $ 72,17 >> Euro 47 (exact same nissan boxes as mine came through dealer)
    http://www.yournissanparts.com/catalog.aspx?StoreName=nissanofturnersville&DeptID=188901&page=2
    22448-2Y005 Front $ 65,49 >> Euro 42
    22448-2Y000 Rear $ 65,49 >> Euro 42

Just google
    22448-2Y005 22448-2Y000
    or
    Hanshin MCP 2840, Hanshin MCP 2850
    And you will fine a lot of ingnitioncoil related stuff.
    And a lot of NISSAN MAXIMA complainers.

• What Dominic describes seems to confirm my hypothesis:
    The ignition coil problem did not start with the introduction of the direct ignition system, but several years later. It seems that 1997 vehicles are still ´safe´, i.e. the coils have a long lifetime and usually don´t fail. Some 1999 models, however, are affected by the coil problem already. Thus we can conclude that the quality problems started somewhere between 1997 and 1999.

For owners of newer A32 and A33, there are probably only 2 solutions to get rid of the problem:
    a) Buy a set of 6 new coils on ebay.com and replace them all.
    b) (Which may seem surprising): Get a set of used coils from an older (1995-1997) Maxima, these should be of much better quality.

Zitat

Original von MaxJ30
    Mercedes has this problem too. The M 400 CDI is suffering at the same problem.

This sounds very very strange!
    Maybe some Mercedes Benz M / ML series vehicles with gasoline engine actually have the same problem - but certainly not the 400 CDI !
    The CDI (= commonrail direct injection) is a DIESEL engine. A Diesel engine definitely won´t have any problems with ignition coils :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

The more you read of this problem, the clearer the picture gets.
    I completely agree with ehidding, that, if Nissan knew these series to be faulty, they should have called the cars back to the garage.

Nissan Maxima - Enjoyed the Ride - Was a very good time

..:: [lexicon]A32[/lexicon] <> VQ30DE <> 220.000km <> Schalter ::..

Toyota Prius - A new experience

..:: NHW20 <> HSD <> 118.000km <> [lexicon]CVT[/lexicon] ::..

• Ja, da habe ich wohl Unsinn (400CDI) geschrieben. Aber einige Fahrzeuge der M Klasse haben es auch.
    Unabhängig davon wäre eine Rückrufaktion ein guter Service.

Sorry I wrote "bullshit"(400CDI). But some ML series vehicles has the Problem too. A return call from the producer would be a nice action of service.

MaxJ30

Life is a short trip - Don`t drive boring cars..!!!

• I finally decided also to replace my other 3 ignition coils, after the motor-engine warninglamp came up several times and the reading from the external diagnostics told it was something with my CAT (see other topic I started).

My MAXIMA A33 is from March 2003 and has now 90K km.

I can't tell often enought.
    If you have an A33 build form 2001 to 2004, and you run into problems of ignition due to ignition coils. Just replace them all 6 for the current aftersales version(s) with the famous grey dot. Just replacing only the one that fails for that moment only will give you extra agrivation in near future when the others are starting to fail too.

And yeeeh... btw..... I was for long time in contact with NISSAN IMPORTER (they are in Amsterdam, and Dutch after all). Tried with them to get compensated for not performing the ignition-coils as would be expected.

Guess what..... They refused my request, because my Car was a second hand imported one from Germany. :pol:

SHAME ON YOU NISSAN TELLING YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS TO :Sex: OFF BY JUST FINDING ANY EXCUSE TO WALK AWAY FROM YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

THIS ARGUMENT TO POINT OUT TO AN IMPORTED CAR, IS NOT VALID UNDER EUROPEAN LAW..... BUT WHO CARES. AS LONG AS NISSAN CAN RIPP OFF THEIR CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR AFTERSALES OF IGNITION COILS (WITH GREY DOT, WHICH ADMITS THERE IS A REVISIONCHANGE... I CAN GUESS WHY :finger: ).

• so you bought the 3 coils at your local nissan dealer? or order them via internet oversea? whats the actual price for "grey dotted stuff"

i own a 2000 max and i have now 85tkm but actually no problem with this, but i dunno if i have the mighty grey dot.

greetings

• Since I started off in the past to change one by one,
    I got them all now through the Nissan dealer.
    For this last 3 one's I payed about Euro 380 in total including VAT.

If you look up earlier messages with photo's attached you can see what I mean with the grey dot. Dots are visible clearly, just looking on top when mounted.

It is indeed wiser to import from US (6 at a time).
    Also in this longe thread looking back you can find the places where to buy.
    You then even get 6 ignition coils for even less then the Euro 380.

I learned "the hard/expensive" way.

B.t.w. still love this car for its
    High value for money and supurbe and quit driving fun.

Rgds
    EH